Monday, June 6, 2011

Just an Experiment! Linguini & Clam Sauce

     This is not my June recipe. That'll be up in a couple of days. I was in a market Saturday during a big thunderstorm, trying to avoid going out into the rain. Wandering around to kill time, I chanced upon some fresh littleneck clams that looked really good. As I was going to be at a concert on Sunday, I decided that Sunday night would be perfect for Linguini and Clam Sauce, since it is so easy and fast to make. While I was preparing the meal, I took pictures of the various steps...I guess it's a habit now :) 
     Looking at the pictures I wondered if I could just show them, with minimally descriptive titles, instead of the usual recipe. This is probably only good for such uncomplex meals as this. Oh well, here goes. Enjoy!
Cleaned and Chilled

Cook in Butter and Wine

Removing Clam Meat

Final Batch Left in Shells

Beginning the Sauce

Add Strained Poaching Liquid

Toss Linguini and Clams in Sauce, add Parsley
     Well, that was almost as easy as making the meal. I picked up a pack of fresh linguini which cooks in just two minutes. Talk about fast food... and this with no chemicals or mystery meat!
- Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment